Before Checking In:
- Have your Student ID out and ready.
- Turn your phones off.
- Have any allowed materials (e.g. notes, calculators, pens & pencils) out and ready for inspection.
- Check-in at the front desk
- Present your photo ID (student ID, drivers license, or passport are all okay.)
- Tell the check-in staff the course name, section, instructor’s name, and which exam you are taking (e.g. Exam 1, Exam 2, etc.)
- Power off your phone and remove any smart watches or devices and place them in the clear plastic bag you will be provided.
- You will be issued a whiteboard with pen that must be returned when you check out. A clipboard with paper is available by request.
- Wait for a proctor to seat you at the desk they indicate.
- Place all belongings under your seat.
Taking your Exam
- Follow the instructions on the testing terminal to access Canvas or your LMS that contains your exam.
- Log into the LMS and navigate to your exam.
- Raise your hand to indicate to the proctor you are ready for your exam's password.
- Once your exam is completed, log out of the testing terminal and do not attempt to access any other pages.
- Gather your belongings from under your chair
- Present your ID to the check-out counter staff and return whiteboard, pen, and phone bag.
The following rules apply to all exams taken in the Testing Center unless an instructor has notified the Test Center Management of special conditions that alter or change a portion or portions of these rules for a particular exam or exams.
- Stow all backpacks, books and other material under your desk. These should not be viewable while you are taking an exam.
- During the exam, you are not allowed to get help with test questions by speaking with other people, texting or emailing.
- Copying from someone else’s exam is strictly prohibited.
- If you need additional scratch paper, you must get it from one of the proctors. There is no outside scratch paper allowed. All scratch paper must be returned to the proctor upon check-out.
- All electronic devices (e.g. cell phones, iPads, smart watches, etc) must be shut off and stowed away during the exam.
- You may not use any removable media (e.g. flash drive, portable hard drive etc.) while taking the exam.
- Once the proctor has opened the exam, do not leave it until you have completed and submitted the exam. All extra open windows will have the site location recorded and then the window closed.
- Once the exam has started you are not allowed to go to the restroom.
- All witnessed infractions of the rules stated above will be reported to the instructor of the course.