Before Checking In:
- Visit restroom before checking in. No restroom visits are allowed after check in.
- Have your Student ID out and ready before approaching the front desk.
- Turn off/power down your phone completely.
- Have any allowed materials (e.g. notes, calculators, pens & pencils) out and ready for inspection.
- Check-in at the front desk.
- Present your photo ID (student ID, drivers license, or passport are all okay).
- Tell the check-in staff the course name, section, instructor’s name, and which exam you are taking (e.g. Exam 1, Exam 2, etc.).
- Place your powered-off phone and smart watches/devices in the clear plastic bag provided. Do NOT put the plastic bag in your backpack/purse.
- You will be issued a clipboard with scratch paper if they are allowed by your instructor.
- Wait for a proctor to seat you at the desk they indicate.
Taking your Exam:
- Place all belongings on the floor.
- Place plastic bag with phone, watches, etc. under your chair.
- Follow the instructions on the testing terminal to access Canvas or your LMS that contains your exam.
- Log into the LMS and navigate to your exam.
- Raise your hand to indicate to the proctor you are ready for your exam's password.
- When you complete your exam, log out of the testing terminal. Do not attempt to access any other pages.
- Gather your belongings from under your chair.
- Present your ID to the check-out counter staff and return clipboard, all scratch paper, and phone bag.
The following rules apply to all exams taken in the Testing Center unless an instructor has notified the Test Center Management of special conditions that alter or change a portion or portions of these rules for a particular exam or exams.
- Stow all backpacks, books, and other material under your desk. These must not be viewable while you are taking an exam.
- During the exam, you are not allowed to get help with test questions by speaking with other people, texting or emailing.
- Copying from someone else’s exam is strictly prohibited.
- If you need additional scratch paper, you must ask one of the proctors. There is no outside scratch paper allowed. All scratch paper must be returned to the proctor upon check-out.
- All electronic devices (e.g. cell phones, iPads, smart watches, etc) must be shut off and stowed away during the exam.
- You may not use any removable media (e.g. flash drive, portable hard drive etc.) while taking the exam.
- Do not leave the computer until you have completed and submitted the exam. All extra open windows will have the site location recorded and then the window closed.
- You are not allowed to go to the restroom once you have been checked in.
- All witnessed infractions of the rules stated above will be reported to the instructor of the course.