Iowa State University uses a learning management system (LMS) to provide online assessments. To access the online exam, follow the steps below:
Logging into the Online Exam
- Have the student log into their class and navigate to the exam they wish to take.
- Enter the exam password while the student turns away from the terminal; all passwords are “case sensitive”; a new browser window will open.
- Return to the screen behind the exam screen and close it. This will help prevent the student from going back into the course to look up answers in the course content.
Taking the Online Exam
- Monitor to ensure that students adhere to the following guidelines:
- No notes or textbooks can be used unless otherwise indicated.
- Only one browser window/tab needs to be open, that being the exam. All other browser windows should be closed during the exam. No web surfing, instant messaging, or emailing can be done while they take the exam.
- The student may not use any electronic devices such as cell-phones, PDAs, iPods, iPads, MP3 players, etc.
- The student may not use any removable storage like CDs, DVDs, USB memory sticks, etc.
Completing the Online Exam
- After a student has completed their online exam, they must save all answers and click “Finish”. There is no further action the proctor must take.