Add an Assessment to Online Testing System
- Login to online testing system using your netID and password: https://dashboard.testcenter.iastate.edu
- Go to Course on the lefthand side
- Click on your course number
- Click “Add Assessment” at top
- Enter the following information:
- Name of Exam
- Release date (date exam opens)*
- End date (date exam closes)
- Under “System” select “Canvas” for online exams. The “Written Exam (See note below)” item is only available for off-campus sections (XW,XE…etc), you are using the Testing Center’s proctor vetting service (you checked the “Allow Off-Campus” box when entering the course information), and the exam can be uploaded as a single pdf with the first page being the exam instructions.
- If you select Canvas you will be asked to provide a password. You may select one of the passwords suggested to you or you may enter a password of your choosing. Remember the password used here must be the same password that is used in the Canvas exam settings.
- If you select written you are able to browse your computer to locate and upload the exam.
- You may enter multiple versions of an exam. Each version must be complete and saved as a pdf file. When you browse for the first version and upload it a second browse button will appear. Browse to the second version and upload it. Each version must be a standalone complete version.
- Special Conditions
Written Exam Notes: Due to limited space and increasing demand for this type of exam students MUST schedule a time to take their exam. Please advise students to schedule their exam using the following link. https://isutestcenters.appointy.com/default.aspx
*IMPORTANT: Assessments must be added by the Wednesday prior to the week the exam is released. If you are attempting to add an assessment after the Wednesday prior to the week of release, you will need a release code. The release code is generated by the ELO Testing Center and will be sent to you via email. Examples: 1) Today is Wednesday and you want to release an exam next Monday you will not need a release code. 2) Today is Thursday and you want to release an exam any day next week you will need a release code.
Note: Exams do not need to be complete and ready to upload or publish for you provide us with the basic information we require. Please add the exam information at the same time the exam is registered. Always try your assessment at one of the Testing Centers using the role of student.
Need a Release Code?
If you create an assessment after the Wednesday prior to the week the exam is released, you will need a release code. Release codes are not generated automatically but serve to alert testing center staff of changes made to assessments.
- Click on the left hand side “Create Release Code”
- Copy the code down and return to the exam info
- Follow the “Adding an Assessment” instructions above after the first bullet point.
- Submit the exam and you are complete
Need to Edit an Exam?
If you create an exam and need to change any of the parameters, you will need to access the online system to edit the assessment.
- Go to the exam needing edits
- Click on “Edit” at the top
- Edit the exam information
- Make sure the exam PDF is in there and correct
- Hit “Submit”
Creating a Make-up Assessment
If you have a student or students needing to make up an exam, you will need to create a new instance of the exam in the online testing system.
- Access the exam which needs a make up exam
- Click “Create Make-up” at the top
- Edit the existing information and place make-up exam in the PDF area
- Enter in the NetIDs of the student/s needing the make-up exam
- Hit Submit when done