Setting Up Your Course
If you intend to offer exams using ELO proctoring and testing services, you must do the following:
- Add your course to our online testing system.
- Go to https://dashboard.testcenter.iastate.edu
- Login using your net-ID and password
- On left hand side click “Add Course”
- Insert Professor information (Name, Net- ID, Phone)
- Insert TA information (Name, Net-ID, Phone)
- Select Department
- Course Number
- Allowed Sections
- Estimated Number of Assessments Per Student (e.g. 3)
- Estimated Enrollment
- If your course will require off-campus students to have a proctor and you wish to have the Testing Center provide vetting services and handle communications to approved off-campus proctors check the “Allow off Campus” box.
- Hit submit
Tip: If you have offered this course previously, you may use the “Copy to Future Semester feature. Open the entry created previously and look for the menu item near the top of the page. Click on the link to open the previous entry, make any changes to the course, select the appropriate semester, and submit.
Make a Mistake?
- Click on course
- Click “Edit” button on top bar
- Edit the needed information and click “submit”
If You Selected “Allow Off Campus,” Please Add the Following Verbiage to Your Course Syllabus
You are required to have a proctor to take your exams. Review the criteria for selecting a proctor located at: http://www.elo.iastate.edu/proctored-testing-guidelines-for-proctors/. Once you have found a suitable proctor have that person/organization complete and submit the proctor approval form at: https://dashboard.testcenter.iastate.edu/oc-proctor/application. Your approved proctor will receive a notification via e-mail when your exam is ready to be downloaded. Instructions on taking and returning the exam will be given to your proctor in the e-mail message.